Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 15, 2013

There is a show on Nickelodeon miss



Yeah, I’ll be first that I am about 35 and in many ways I haven’t grown up. I guess, it was because I must have grown up very quickly when I was a kid. My youth was back in the 1990’s. I knew there was something wrong with me. I knew I could be an unknown phenomena. As you probably know it was, Asperger’s Syndrome a form of high-functioning autism. Unfortunately, it wasn’t widely known at the time. It wasn’t widely known until about 10 year ago. It made my life frustrating. How I pulled through? To be honest not even I am 100% certain. But it makes you grow up FAST and arguably TOO FAST. But growing up with an unknown phenomena is HELL!

Now, on to the title of this post. Well, the Nick show was of course Victorious. I thought that show was funny. I know it’s a kiddie show with kiddie music (though there were some jokes that children may not understand because they implied sex and profanity), but I thought the show's dialogue and jokes were very well executed. There were times I have literally laughed myself silly watching that show. I think it’s a shame the show was cancelled without a proper finale. I still believe they deserved better. Well, I already know the world doesn’t revolve around me. I have still thought about and prayed for them. If any of the former cast members get wind of my blog, I hope they know I have been thinking about them and only hope and pray the best for them. I fact, I have a request for them.

Nickelodeon CLAIMS the show was cancelled due to a 60 episode limit. Personally, I'm quite skeptical. It doesn’t explain why iCarly or Big Time Rush each got WAY more than 60 episodes. Also BTR wasn’t nearly as funny nor drew in the kinds of ratings Victorious did. So, there must be more to it (IMO). I admit I may have the facts fuzzy but from I heard is that Victoria Justice (who played Tori Vega, the protagonist) claims Nickelodeon and 
Dan Scheider (the creator and producer of the show and most other Nickelodeon sitcoms) were planning on cancelling Victorious and throwing most of its cast under the bus to make room for a new show called Sam & Cat. Justice claims neither Nick nor Scheider cared much about the ethics of cancelling the show and didn't care about letting it end properly. If what Justice is telling us is true, I agree would be unethical behavior on behalf of Nickelodeon and Dan Scheider. However, another former cast member, Ariana Grande (who played Cat Valentine on Victorious and now plays Cat Valentine on Sam & Cat) disagrees and claims Justice was being selfish and wanted to start a solo summer tour and not a tour with the cast. Grande claims if Justice was going to do a summer tour with the cast of Victorious, the show would still be on the air today. And I would agree if what Grande says is true, that would be selfishness on Justice’s behalf. So, unfortunately, the true reasons behind the cancellation of Victorious are still more or less mysteries to this day (IMO). Now, who’s right, who’s wrong, who’s telling the truth, who’s lying? Will the mysteries behind the cancellation ever be solved? I guess, we’ll never know. Now, I don’t know if it’s true, but if but I have heard there is some bad blood between Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande. If it is, it would break my heart that the two can not get along. They are great actresses and vocalists. They once claimed the cast of Victorious was family. I will pray for both of them.

Asked for Sam & Cat. I did see it last week. Maybe I am alone here, but I didn’t find it all that funny. I know lots of people did, so I may be the only person who didn’t like it all that much. Maybe it’s because I really liked Victorious and I felt that show was one in a million and just could NOT be replaced. But there are some things I Sam & Cat I just don’t understand. Maybe I think too much, but one thing I don’t understand if why did Cat’s grandmother move to the retirement home and decided Cat can live on her own. Well, the Cat Valentine I remember from Victorious wasn’t all that bright, very bad with money and has an addictive personality. She is NOT capable of living on her own. I mean that was the whole purpose in having Cat live with her grandmother is so she WOULDN’T live alone because she CAN’T live alone. On Victorious Cat had a brother who she always talked about. It was quite clear that he had mental problems and was later institutionalized. He was taken to psychiatric hospital in Idaho. Her parents moved to Idaho to be there to support him. Cat still lives in Los Angles. Originally, Cat would have to live with her aunt and uncle. She didn’t like living with her aunt and uncle because they were “too mean.” They didn’t like her red color in her hair (Cat color treats her hair). They say can’t have unlimited texting. They are vegans. And they feel the toilets should only be flushed when it’s truly necessary. I presume Cat’s aunt and uncle are strong environmentalists. But it was either them OR her grandmother and she HAD to pick one because she cannot live by herself. Thank goodness for Sam Puckett came along to be her roommate. However, Sam can not live on her own either because, the Sam Puckett from iCarly (yes I watched iCarly, too) was lazy, careless, irresponsible, and had a bad attitude. Sam would also have to adapt to a new responsibility. Are they sweeting up her character? I wouldn’t like that. To be honest I liked Sam Puckett’s “Bart Simpson-esque” type personality.

What’s even worse is they are babysitters. Yes, that is their income. Why would that suck? Well, for one they are going to be around kids. That I feel would make Cat’s character less funny. On Victorious she seemed to like this over aged kindergartner which often annoys her friends who are about her age (16 or 17). She annoyed them with all the kiddie stuff she liked and it got on her friends' nerves. But that was one of the reasons why Cat was so funny on Victorious (a least it was to me). Especially when it was Jade West who she annoyed, the mean girl who was her best friend on Victorious. In fact, I liked Jade and Cat when they were together, I thought they were TV’s funniest teenage comic duo since Beavis & Butt-head. Sam is just no replacement for Jade, IMO. Not to mention it's harder to annoy young children with the kiddie stuff Cat likes. That would make her character less funny. Asked for Sam. As I said before they are going to be around children a lot. Well, the Sam from iCarly I remember was AWFUL with children. Babysitters have to be EXCELLENT with children. Yeah, I remember that from iSell Penny Tees.

What is even worse than that about Sam and Cat is it takes place in Los Angles. Well... call me naive, but I DON’T think babysitting is a good paying job and I DON’T think LA is a cheap place where to live. I mean in real life, the rent on the LA apartment Sam & Cat live in must cost $3,000 a month, $2,500 at least! Call me naive, but to be blunt, I would find it plausible it may cost MORE than that. I mean it has two rooms and it's also located in Venice (which is a VERY expensive district in Los Angeles). And the rent would not be their only financial burden. Though there is a burger placed that promised them free burger dinners forever after saving the manager's life. Still they are going to need some money for other food, especially for breakfast and lunch. And who can live on burgers every night? Come on. ANd what about their other meals? They will still need to do some grocery shopping because they will want something else eventually. In fact, the Sam Puckett I remember from iCarly was a big meat foodie. She loved to try new meats. Unfortunately, meat is expensive. So, that could really drive up the grocery bill (if she still eager to try new meat). The Sam Puckett I remember from iCarly would go crazy eating at that burger place every night. She would die for new meat to try. I think the monthly grocery bills excluding dinner would still be at least $400 a month. Sam also has a motorcycle. Motorcycles are often viewed as dangerous, which means they're expensive to insure. Personally, I think the insurance on Sam's motorcycle will be a least $100 a month (due to her age and how often she uses it). They will also need to buy gas and refuel it. That would cost over $220 a month. And since Sam & Cat are now living on their own and have a job, that means they are receiving income. That means they will need to pay an income tax. Sorry, but I don’t see how you can get by financially in Los Angeles on a babysitter's salary. H
ere in North Carolina, where I live, I have meet people from Southern California (some from the LA area) who left because of the high cost of living. 

And No, I don’t watch A.N.T. Farm on the Disney Channel. I felt that show was a cheap ripoff of Victorious. There WILL BE ONLY ONE VICTORIOUS! It had a style that cannot be duplicated. I don’t settle for any cheap imitations. Victorious was a one and only. It’s a shame it is cancelled now. Well, if any of the former cast members of Victorious reads this post on my blog, I said earlier I have a request for them. Here it is. Support autism research and promote autism awareness, that is my request. I feel there needs be more money and support to help. Please support autism research and promote autism awareness as a huge favor to me, a loyal fan. I HOPE AT LEAST ONE former cast member will grant me this request. 


WHOA, THAT WAS ONE LONG POST! Well, had a lot to get off my chest.

PS. Do I think too much? But that’s my autistic mind for ya, heh, heh! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment