Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The subject in church today

Well, today in church we talked about faith. It seems Western culture has a high emphasis on fact. Well, to be honest, at times, so do I. I mean like you I feel I need some of the facts in front of me to be certain. I would often go in Wikipedia or any reputable (or semi-reputable as this case may be) look for any evidence. Well in most of Hebrews 11:1-4 it reads "Now faith is the assurance if things hoped for, the conviction of things NOT seen. Indeed, by faith our ancestors received approval..." I guess, that should tell us something.

I feel we all need some faith at some point in our lives. Different things can build faith. The person who gave the sermon, who like me also graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, who is now an associate pastor at my church, said the stories other people shared with her (yes, she is a woman, and we allow women into the clergy into the United Methodist Church) and those stories built her faith. I guess, I can use some of those stories. My girlfriend gave a book about UNC sporting moments and faith. I guess, that should be a good thing to read when it comes to faith. Well, guess my girlfriend and I are going to enjoy a yummy lunch at IHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment