Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Here's what happened yesterday.

Well, there was a mandatory employee meeting for the employees of Harris Teeter. It is a grocery store chain found the south east of the United States. Well, the point is there will be some new HT changes in customer service. Some say that our customer service is excellent. However, it seem that many mangers feel that excellent is not good enough. Ironic, huh?

No, to them EXCELLENT is NOT good enough. The folks from upper management want HT service to be OVER THE TOP! That would mean that nobody should hold a candle to us in customer service. Well, here's an anecdote that I think I'll share with you.

Well, I assumed it will be a typical employee meeting. I went to the Harris Teeter I worked for at 8:00 AM. I turned out, that I got the location WRONG. I supposed to be at the University Mall. So, I would about 25-30 minutes late. But, I easily found the place at the U-Mall. But things tood a turn for the worse, is I didn't have my uniform on. When I got there most of the other employees DID HAVE UNIFORMS ON!! They didn't tell me that I will need to be in uniform because I am not on duty. Yes, I will admit, I assumed it will be just like a lot of the other employee meeting from the past where we can dress casual (though not too casual) at our location. We only need to come to employee meeting in uniform if we are going to work like immediately right after. So, I had some egg on my face.

We also talked about companies with good customer service. I mentioned Apple as well as Amazon. They pointed out that Amazon has probably the best customer service. After I mentioned Apple and Amazon I was cheered. That made me happy. They also mentioned Disney. Now, I haven't been to Disney World since I was eight years old (headed to nine) when I was there in 1987. So, they said Disney had good customer service. Well, I have been to the Six Flags park between Dallas and Ft. Worth (during that brief period when I lived in Dallas) called Six Flags Over Texas. I was happy with their service so, I said Time Warner for customer service. They booed me. I did not notice a difference between Disney or Time Warner's customer service. Well, it it just my perception due to my autistic mind, or am I just plain naive. I HOPE it's my autistic mind, because I have told the world it is better to dumb than naive. In my experience naivety has lead to more downfall than stupidity. Once again, I felt embarrassed. Well, but that's what happened yesterday. But, I guess, percieving things can be hard sometimes with asperger's, but it's just the way things go sometimes.

Thoguht, I would add this picture as well. I found it over iStock. thought it would work with this post. Could you beleive I spent my last seven credits on this photo. But, well um, I guess...IT'S WORTH IT! To liven up this post that it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment