Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2014

Relevant sports news!

First of all you head about the 2014 NBA Draft. Well, my closest NBA team, the Charlotte Hornets got their picks. They got Noah Vonley from Indiana and UNC's own PJ Hairston. Hopefully, Hairston will stay out of trouble this time. They are also getting Semaj Christon from Xavior. So, I think the Hornets got good picks. But only time can tell for sure. But still, GO HORNETS!! And PJ, PLEASE stay out of trouble this time.

Asked for Soccer (or as some of folks in the world may call it Football). The US has one last chance in the World Cup when they face Belgium on Tuesday. I know my girlfriend hopes they win. Their loss to Germany hurt them. But they are not out, yet. I LOVE to see my girlfriend smile if the USA wins. Asked for, I'm not really a Soccer fan. I mean, I've played Soccer, didn't enjoy it. Don't feel I had the endurance to handle positions like forward or halfback, nor had the patience to handle positions like goalie or fullback. But it's nice to see that many Americans are supporting them. It is the fastest growing sort in the US and most popular in the world (especially in Europe and Latin America). But it just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against it, just plain, vanilla don't like it (do people still say "just plain vanilla"?).  I know the both the Charlotte Hornets and the Carolina Panthers are granting them support. Which I think is very kind of them. And for those of you who live outside the United States, the Carolina Panthers are an American Football team. American Football is very different from the sport you probably call Football. We here in the United States, obviously, call that sport Soccer.

And speaking of the Panthers, hers THE most relevant news!  I'm gonna see them play in person in Charlotte on September 14, when they play the Detroit Lions. It will be their first home game of the season! Really relevant huh? I guess I'm a hero!! I'm gonna do something reality amazing!! Well, that's all for now.

PS. Yes, that last part was sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment