Total Pageviews

Friday, June 6, 2014

Did you know what today is?

Today is the 70th anniversary of D-day. The day of the invasion of Normandy, France. That was an important day. That was the day, lead by then General Dwight D. Eisenhower, who later became my country's 34th president (I am an American for those of you who live outside the US). Gen. Eisenhower was originally going to have the invasion on June 5, but due to weather conditions he had to move it to one day later. It was an important day. Helped give us more momentum to our victory in World War II. About a year later was when we beat the Nazis and help bring some more freedom to the countries of Europe. I mean, I hate to think what the world would have been like if the Nazis won. SCARY THOUGH!!



PS. I mean NO OFFENSE to anybody of a country who was an enemy of the United States during World War II. I HOPE I DIDN'T offend you. It wasn't my intention. This was NOT intended to be a boast of US victory or a demonetisation of certain countries during World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment