Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Okay here's what I went through today.

Well people, I have to admit I went though some pretty crazy situations today. It is Friday the 13th, and you know what they say about that day. The unluckiest day if the year. First of all as usual at Harris Teeter I was assigned to operate the U-scan (the U-scan is the self-checkout lane at Harris Teeter). However, today on the U-scan we had a black screen at the attendant's podium (I was the attendant, the person operating it). It was almost impossible to see things. There were times I had to guess in where things went. Other times I had to go and assist the customers. I mean we had to guess where to find everything. Even though the screen was black, the buttons (that you can barely see, you have to look closely) still worked. However, it was hard. And sometimes both me and another employee, usually a manager had to work the U-scan together. It was almost imposable to operate it with one person. Sometimes the two people got overwhelmed. I personally, thought we should have closed it. But we didn't. What's even worse one customer didn't complete playing because it was impossible to see the screen. They left without paying because the manager and I had to help various different people and we didn't have the attendant's screen to help us. We are not in any trouble. This has happened at Harris Teeter before. Far as I know, it has never happened before under my watch, but I has most certainly happened to other associates before. We finally got it replaced later on that day. The second time around it came back blighter and making it easier to work with.
Another thing that happened was I had to operate a regular checkout lane for a short period because he had a busy spurt. However, the checkout lane I got did not have a till. So, we had to give her change via the cash office. Working without a till is a pain in the butt.
I guess it seemed like Jason was out to get me today. A great photo to use from iStock. Okay, maybe the Jason thing is a little bit of an overstatement. However, they say the bad luck of Friday the 13th just a superstition. But these things make you wonder. Don't they? 

No comments:

Post a Comment