Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Well, I have been to a job interview today

It was for a company called Liberty Mutual. Unfortunately, they either wanted me to be a recruiter, or an insurance salesman. I don't know if either of those jobs will work for me because I would have to call people up and have them agree to buy or come to interviews. Unfortunately, that is part of my Asperger's. It is hard for me to talk to people and get them to say "yes."

I also find it hard to talk about awkward subjects. I find talking to people about insurance is awkward. Even to employers. It's just something that it's hard because I don't know how they would view an insurance agent. I know most people don't like them. I mean, I don't want to be unpopular (shallow I know). What's worse, I have heard people are freezing insurance right now. So, I guess that sucks because that means that people, especially employers are more reluctant to buy insurance and I would rely a lot on commission pay. I don't think this job is right for me.

As for the recruiter job, it's only part time. I need full time. Well, I better keep searching. Maybe Harris Teeter will promote me. Far as I know, there is still talk of that. I HOPE I get the promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment