Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Well, this is what I just did this Saturday, been to a party/concert featuring a band called Underhill Rose.

Hello everybody! Yes, it's me Aaron again. Did you miss me? I don't think I posted something about ooh, I uh, think it was a long time, say about...SEVEN HOURS! (Dun-dun-duuuuhhh). However, I did have a lot of fun today. Well, I went to a party/concert featuring a band called Underhill Rose. I hope all this makes sense to you. It may get complicated. I have a brother named Bayard. He has a fiancĂ©e named Rachell (yes, it is spelled with two "L's"). Anyway, Rachell has a sister named Eleanor. Eleanor is part of a band called Underhill Rose. Underhill Rose is a country band. They do more traditional Country with more a bluegrass/folky sound. Bayard and Rachell invited my Mom, my Dad, my girlfriend (Carson), and myself to the party/concert. It was a Winter Solstice party, being held today, The Winter Solstice, kinda ironic since it was 73 degrees Fahrenheit (that's 22.8 degrees Celsius for those of you who live outside the United States). Though today may have been the first day of Winter according to calendar, it sure didn't feel like Winter. The party/concert was held at home of Rachell and Eleanor's parents. They live in a mill in Graham, North Carolina. Anyway, here are some of the photos of that party/concert.


This is the mill Rachell and Eleanor's parents live. It's a nice beautiful and rustic mill in the middle of the country. Glad I got to go see it again. The last time I saw it was about two years ago when they invited me over for Thanksgiving.  
Here is a waterfall in their back yard. Though not very bid it still adds some extra beauty to their real estate.

And here is another photo of the back yard stream. It's much more beautiful to see it in person. 

Here is the band starting. They first tuned up their instruments. Sorry, this isn't a very good photo. There was a pillar in the way. Was able to get a better view of them later. 
And here is a better view of the band Underhill Rose. Here are the names and positions of the three band members.
Left: Molly Rose on guitar.
Center: Salley Williamson on bass
Right: Eleanor Underhill on banjo and harmonica.
I think they got their name Underhill Rose because Molly and Eleanor sing lead vocals. Some songs Eleanor sings lead vocals, others Molly sings lead vocals. Salley just sings backup vocals. Salley is also the newest member of the band. So, before Salley joined I think they already had the name Underhill Rose. And since she also doesn't sing lead vocals why her name isn't in the band's name. Though I admit I could be wrong. However, they are all wonderful vocalists. All the three of these women can sing like angels!

And here is another photo of the three.  
Here is a brighter photo of the trio. This time Eleanor has a harmonica

And there is another picture of the three. Seriously, I think they are a good band. Personally, I think Nashville should sign them. Well, just a suggestion.  

Well, Salley left the stage. So, just Molly and Eleanor. 

And this was just Elanor. She did one solo song.  After that all three members got back on stage for their last two songs. 

Here is photo of the waterfall at night. There is light they have in back at night to really "light things up." Sorry this wasn't a good photo. 

Here is another picture of the waterfall. Hopefully this looked better. I took this photo inside hoping the lighting can make it better. I THINK it did. But what would you say?



After that Carson and I decided to get some dinner. Originally, we were gonna eat dinner at Tarantini. It's an Italian Restaurant on the outskirts of Chapel Hill. However, we decided to eat at a coffee bar/ restaurant called The Bean and Barrel instead. We went there because they had the UNC Basketball game on. They played Davidson. Well, should have been an easy victory for UNC. However, it was actually a battle. The game went into overtime. At least the good news is (at least to UNC fans like me and Carson) is they WON! In overtime the UNC Tar Heels REALLY came alive. They stated to run away with 12 point leads. And they beat Davidson Wildcats 97-85, so it was a 12 point victory. Kinda ironic (yes, I just said that word again, how ironic, just used that word again, DANG!), we say a UNC Basketball game last week during Carson's family's Christmas reunion party. We say UNC play and WIN that game as well. Boy, were we HAPPY!! Carson got an Underhill Rose CD for one of the band members. She shared the music with her parents. Carson is now a fan of Underhill Rose. Well, that's how my day went. Post to you all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment