Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Here is how my Sunday went.

Well, today I spent most of the day with Carson, my Girlfriend. I went over to her place to go see The Carolina Panthers play the Atlanta Falcons. The sport here is Football (that's American Football for those of you who live outside the United States). As you probably know, being from North Carolina, I was cheering for the Panthers. I decided to wear the Carolina Panthers sweater Carson gave me for Christmas in hour of the game. And since Carson and I are about to meet up, I thought I would give Carson her Christmas presents from Bayard (my brother) and Rachell (my brother's fiancee, and yes, it's spelled with two "L'S"). Bayard gave Carson a UNC Women's Soccer t-shirt and Rachell gave her a Dallas Cowboys scarf. Bayard gave me UNC workout shorts and Rachell gave me a Carolina Panthers scarf. We thank them very much for our presents. Well, Bayard also gave Carson an Underhill Rose CD. Unfortunately, she all ready has that particular Underhill Rose CD. Well, Carson will see what she can do with it. But, we do like Underhill Rose. Nashville SHOULD sign them.

All I know was the Panthers game was a nail biter. I knew they were favored overwhelmingly against the Falcons. This has not been a good year for them. Coming into this game there were 4-11. In fact, they played the Panthers earlier this year and got CREAMED! However, the Panthers didn't have Steve Smith. He was out due to injury. Well, This time it was safe to say, the Falcons DIDN'T get creamed by the Panthers this time. The final score was Panthers 21, Falcons 20. Yes, I am happy the Panthers DID WIN their game (by a nose). And this means in the play-offs they get a bye in the first round and will play their first play-off game at home giving them home-field advantage. Still the game was a battle. Well, the Panthers finish the regular season with 12 wins and four losses. The Falcons finish with four wins and 12 losses. GO PANTHERS!!

Around the tail end of the Panthers game we decided to go see Secret Life of Walter Mitty. We had $50 Regal Gift Cards, so we thought we would use them. I did tell Carson, I have heard mixed reviews by critics about that movie. But since, we have gift cards, it wouldn't be too much of a biggie. I mean, with those gift cards, it's safe to say that even it of the movie sucked, we would still get our money's worth. We didn't pay ANYTHING to see it! We did feel rushed to see it. Well, I thought Walter Mitty was all right, but it was a little weird though. We felt rushed though. The movie was scheduled to start at 4:10. The Panthers game wasn't over. We had to listen to the conclusion over the radio. Still we heard it. and got to go see the movie in time (no we didn't miss one second). So, EVERYTHING WORKED OUT!!

After the movie, we ate dinner at La Cocina, and enjoyed it. Like usual, when we eat Mexican, I just have to get flan for desert. Hey what can I say? I'm a fool for flan! It's my favorite desert. After that, we went to Target to get some coffee. We brewed some of it. The coffee was delicious. Carson and I had lots of fun today. After that, I went home and got prepared for the next day. Well, I just thought I tell how my day went. It was a GREAT day. Well, only damper was the New England Patriots have also won their game and qualified for the Play-offs and have been granted a bye and home-field advantage during their first play-off game like the Panthers. Oh, well. Still, the Patriots are my LEAST FAVORITE NFL team. Besides that, it was a truly, a WONDERFUL day!

No comments:

Post a Comment