Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2014

On this Sunday July 6, here was my day

Well, here I am on this, the sixth day of  July in the year 2014 Anno Domini. I started my day going to church. We had a special Sunday School meeting today, and will again next week. We talked about fasting. Mary, the leader recommended that we fast sometime this week. Usually, when we talk about fasting we usually use it in terms of food. But it could be used in other connotations, like media fasting, no news fasting. Hey, I think that about 90% of all the stories I hear on the evening news just depress me to DEATH! Figuratively speaking of course.  I mean, just want to hear happier news for a change. I just think the news programs put up these depressing stories just to get some ratings. Then I went to worship service. At the end we played America the Beautiful. Mainly, because there are references to God in some of the later verses and it was Fourth Of July time (though the holiday is over now). But that's what I did in church.
After that I went on my date with Carson (my girlfriend). I decided to wear the Detroit Tigers shirt she gave me for my birthday. Yes, that shirt I am wearing in this photo was the Tigers shirt Carson gave me. We decided to go eat lunch over at Firebirds at Southpoint. We both got steak. While we ate their we meet a waiter who was also named Aaron. And Aaron (the waiter) was also a fan of the Detroit Tigers, so he liked me shirt. That Aaron was originally from Toledo, Ohio. There they have a Triple-A Minor League team called the Mud Hens. They are the Triple-A MiLB affiliates of the Detroit Tigers. So, Carson and I had a nice lunch.
After that Carson and I got some coffee at the Starbucks at the Barnes and Noble at Southpoint (yes, a place that's in a place, that in a place. Kinda ironic, wouldn't you say?). Then we went we went to It's Sugar, a candy place at Southpoint. After that we went to go see the movie.
The Movie we went to go see was Transformers: Age of Extinction. Well, the movie wasn't the most fun. At first there was a party next to us that had some noisy children who were starting to drive us crazy. I'm glad that party decided to leave. They were making way to much noise. It was a long movie. Arguably, too long. However, we did get to see the Dinobots. I always liked that sub group of Autobots. I always liked the Transformers since I was a kid. However, this wasn't the best TF movie. If I had to grade it I would give it a C-. Though Michael Bay has made worse movies if you ask me.
Well, still wearing my Tigers shirt. Watching the Detroit Tigers play the Tampa Bay Rays. The Detroit Tigers are my favorite Major League Team. They are currently behind 3-1. However, if they Rays win, I wouldn't be too disappointed. They are my second favorite MLB team. Why do I like the Ray almost (those italics again! Where do they come from?!) as must as I like the Tigers. Well, that's because they are the MLB affiliates of the Triple-A MiLB my neck of the woods called the Durham Bulls. Well, still hoping the best for the Tigers, but I wouldn't (those italics) be too disappointed if the Rays win. Well, that's my Sunday for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment