Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well, it was a snowy day here in North Carolina.

Yes, folks we got some snow here. I think we got about three inches, give or take. That's 7.62 centimeters for those of you who live outside the United States. Hey, we're the only country in the world that goes by English measurements. But I thought I would still give you metric information. Well, didn't do much today. Called out absent for work. I was leery driving on the back roads. That's where they said driving will be the most dangerous. I am surrounded by back roads, and HAD to take them for a 20 mile car ride to Durham. I thought it was too risky. In fact, I didn't leave the house at all today.

I know there are some people who may laugh about how easily we cancel here. However, keep in mind we don't have round the clock plowing and salting like they do in the Northern States. I know I grew up in Michigan. Personally, I believe it's not that North Carolinians are not used to the snow, bur it's because we're not equipped for the snow. I remember the round the clock plowing in salting in Michigan. I know there three inches would not do diddly squat! But here, in just three inches EVERYTHING shuts down, the grocery stores have a HUGE run on milk and bread. But since it only snows once or twice a year around here, that is way we don't. It wouldn't be cost efficient. But you know, there is a beautiful picture of the this day right in the sunset. I just thought it would be a beautiful photo to share with the world. But snow is beautiful if you ask me. And since it only comes about once a year here in North Carolina. I thought I would share while we still have it (it's likely to melt away by Friday because it almost always melts away in two days or less here in NC). I took it myself from my back yard. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment