Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here is what happened Saturday.

I was working at Harris Teeter. All I know is we got a lot of rain. In fact, in my area we got SOAKED!! I mean we were so wet that we must have made the Everglades look like a desert. It rained for a day and a half. It was also unseasonably warm here getting tornado warnings here in North Carolina. I must due to the unseasonable warmth. It was 62 degrees Fahrenheit (that's 16.67 degrees Celsius for those of you who live outside of the United States).

What's worse is that there have been tornado warnings. While I was at work at Harris Teeter the lights flickered some. What's even crazier is the we were PACKED! I mean, I don't know what the situation was. Either a trip to the grocery store or a Grateful Dead concert. I guess people wanted to stock up on XYZ before the twister hit (though people SHOULD stay at home when these things happen). The tornado must have been caused by unseasonable warmth. The Walmart across the street lost power. We must have taken some of their business as well. I guess, that's why we've been busy.

Three bad things happened. One my smartphone wasn't able to pick up the Emergency Broadcast System. There was an associate of mine who has the same smartphone who told me hers didn't. That was scary. The other scary thing that happened was UNC lost to Syracuse in Basketball. Making this another loss. They are on a losing streak. I hope it ends next game. I also HATE to hear my least favorite NFL team the New England Patriots won. I hope they lose the AFC Championship game. I hate the Patriots. Well, Duke lost to Clemson so, I guess my Sports Saturday wasn't a complete loss. But that was my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment