Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Random thought. However, I will ask the question are celebrities to blame for drug use?

My honest to goodness answer would be "yes" and "no." I mean some celebrities like Miley Cyrus and Kesha have made drug use "cool" just like Grunge and Gangsta Rap did in the 1990's. I still believe it's up to parents and other authority figures to set good examples. They need to teach children is being "cool" is NOT worth throwing away your life. Maybe they should tell them about some of the emotional problems some celebrities have right now. I have heard Mikey Cyrus is currently an emotional wreck. Though I don't know if this is true, but from what I HAVE HEARD is that some celebrities don't have mirrors because they are LITERALLY AFRAID to look at themselves and see what they have become. Also tell them most celebrities regularly visit a psychologist to keep themselves from going crazy. Parents and other authority figures much make sure that the children are getting the message. And many in my opinion I don't think they are making sure children are getting the full point. And when children do something wrong the parents don't put their foot down like they are supposed to. That tells me lot if it would be the fault of parents and other authority figures. 

Of course a lot of the fault lies with the kids themselves for making a stupid decision. They should always think about the potential consequences BEFORE they engage. They have to understand they have A WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF THEM. Though I cannot guarantee that they will be "cool" if they say "no." But as I said before, is being "cool" worth throwing away your life? I personally, say "no." So, a lot would be the kid's fault for choosing the wrong path. After all you know what the church asks us all, Do you want to take the dirt paved road to salvation or take the gold paved road to doom? I am a Christian, I want to be more like Jesus, so I personally, would take the dirt paved road to salvation. 

But yes, I do think the celebrities themselves are partially at fault as well. They KNOW children look up to them. Some may want to grow up to be just like them. Even though the odds of being a big shot celebrity are ludicrously slim, many kids will still try to be like them (though MOST will fail). But for those people WHO DID BEAT THE ODDS AND SUCCEEDED, I really hope they at least make an effort to guide people down the right path. What scares me is that many children will do things like drugs to be just like their favorite celebrity (if he or she openly does do drugs) and may find themselves headed down a path to their doom. I think celebrities DO NEED to understand the importance of positive role models. Well, that's my two cents for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment