Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Well, for sports this was a wonderful day today, for me, my girlfriend and my girlfriend's father anyway.

Yes, folks I am happy to hear about what happened today in Football (that's American Football for those of you who live outside the United States). My team, The Carolina Panthers defeated The St. Louis Rams 30-15. I was very happy to see that! However, I didn't like the sportsmanship in that game. I have seen a lot of taunting and fights. Well, still my team, The Panthers won. That makes me REALLY HAPPY!

I am also happy that my least favorite team, The New England Patriots LOST. Now, for those of you from New England, I hope you know and understand I DO NOT HATE NEW ENGLAND. I fact, I love it! I have been to Cape Cod in the Summertime. It's beautiful! IT'S JUST THOSE PATRIOTS I HATE! Though I was a hard fought battle, but I was happy to see the New York Jets come out on top at the end. The final score was 30-27 Jets.

I am pretty happy that my girlfriend was happy to see her team, the Dallas Cowboys beat the Philadelphia Eagles 17-3. Not much scoring in that game, but I am sure she is happy that the Cowboys won. I am happy for her.

Now, my girlfriend's father I am also sure was happy that his team, The Washington Redskins defeated the Chicago Bears 45-41. Now, there was a lot of scoring in that game. There was a period when the Bears started to take the lead. However, when it was all said and done, the Redskins finished out victorious. I am happy for him.

There was a game I had a neutral feeling at the end. It was the Game Between the Cincinnati Bengals vs. The Detroit Lions. Now, I grew up in Detroit so, I guess you would naturally think I would cheer for the Lions. However, the Bengals have a running back, Giovani Bernard, who went to my college, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Well, Bengals won 27-24. Another hard fought game. I guess both teams really put an effort in that game. In that game I just couldn't pick a favorite. So, I guess to me, I wouldn't really matter who won or who lost.

But, well to some things up, in Football (and once again that's American Football for those of you who live outside the US), I was an EXCELLENT DAY for me. Makes up for me being double bummed last Thursday night, when both the Detroit Tigers (my favorite Major League Team) and The UNC Tar Heels (my college) lost their games, and being more bummed when the Tigers lost the American league championship series last night. Well, I had a wonderful Sunday in NFL Football to make up for it. So, I am HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment