Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Just been to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Raleigh today.

Well Carson and I went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Raleigh today. We thought it was fun. I just though I would share with all of you folks from around the world just some of the photos I took today. I admit, there are some that might not have come out as well as they are supposed to. But what can I say? I'm not a photographer. But, still just uh, you know, lotsa, lotsa fun sharing the photos with all of you folks what Carson and I saw today. 


This photo was taken some time before the parade started. Carson and I decided to come early so we can get good seats. 

Here is a picture of my girlfriend, Carson. I bought her a green carnation that she wanted. 

The Knights of Columbus came by giving out their Tootie Rolls. They do a lot to help the mentally challenged. Bless their hearts!!

There were lots of band and floats that came by. Here is sample photo of Carson and I saw. 

There were also lots of different dogs there too. They were rescue agencies of different breeds. These are the Irish Setters. Being that this is a St.Patrick's Day parade I thought it would be the best breed to show. They were also rescue agencies of Basset Hounds, Beagles, Pitt Bulls, Greyhounds, and Rottweilers. To all of you Irish folks out there, yes, we do have St. Patrick's Day here in the United States. Irish immigrants brought it over in the early 20th century. On St. Patrick's Day, as you can tell we often wear green. 

Carson and I later moved to a more shaded area. Oh, I also just wanted to tell you folks there were a lot of dance schools that came by. They had their students do the famous Irish River Dance. Well, here in the US we say it's a day where everybody gets to be Irish. 

Yes, we even had an actor portraying the real historical St. Patrick in the end. He was the man who Christianized Ireland in the AD 300's. You could say "He drove all the snakes out of Ireland." However, THAT is just mere folklore. Driving out all the snakes that is. But he DID REALLY bring Christianity over to Ireland. So, Christianizing Ireland part is TRUE, driving out the snakes is FOLKLORE! After that Carson and I had lunch at Tripps and then watched Basketball. Happy Virginia beat Pittsburgh. MISERABLE Duke beat NC State. We hate Duke more than we hate NC State. No offense to Duke or NC State fans. We also walked around Carson's neighborhood four times. Got some exercise. Carson and I had fun today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment