Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Yes, The NFL is BACK!!

As you probably know, today was the start of Football season here in the US. And for those of you who live outside the United States, when I say Football, I am referring to American Football. Not, the sport you may call Football. That sport, us Americans refer to that sport as Soccer. MY TEAM, The Carolina Panthers were no exception! Today, they faced one of their rival teams, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Bucks home field. 

Many people doubted the Panthers in this game. Especially, since they didn't have Cam Newton in this game. Well, Derek Anderson (the Panthers starting quarterback in this game) SILENCED those critics!! Anderson PROVED he can get the job done as well!! Though yes, at the end it seemed that Tampa Bay may pull a victory (I guess the Panthers must have got cocky), however the Panther defense held the Bucks back! What many critics didn't realize the Panther defense is nothing less than AMAZING! Last year it was the second best in the entire NFL. Only the Seattle Sea Hawks had better defense. And we all know what they say, "Offense gets the glory, but DEFENSE wins the game!" Panthers win 20-14.

What I also liked about NFL Football today, is the fact MY LEAST FAVORITE team, The New England Patriots LOST! I don't know what the final score was. Also I know is they were favored something like 3-1 over the Miami Dolphins, and the Dolphins WON!! That must be really humiliating for the Patriots. And once again, I have to make one point clear. I do NOT hate New England. In fact I loved Cape Cod when I visited. It's very beautiful in the Summer. I just hate the Patriots. Glad they lost today.

Well, I hope to see another winning season for the Panthers this year just like last year. Next week, Carson (my fiancée) and I are going to see them play in person in their first home game of the season against the Detroit Lions. Even though, I grew up in Detroit, and I still like the Lions. However, THE PANTHERS are my team now. So yes, I will be there cheering for the Panthers. Well, great start Panthers. Now, KEEP POUNDING!! GO PANTHERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment