Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I went to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences for News about New Horizons!

And yes people, I have heard the news! The mission was a success!! After nine and a half years, the mission finally made and nothing went wrong. That is excellent news because they wanted to reach Pluto before it's atmosphere collapsed. It will be well over a century before it rises up again. And since Pluto is over 3 billion miles (over 4.8 billion kilometers) from Earth, it will be hard to get a spacecraft over there again. I am looking forward to the new images coming out. Here are some pictures of me when I was at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. 

Me, about to watch in ah, in hopes to hear the news. I know I look happy in this photo. I was quite nervous though. I was really hoping NASA will succeed, it's 20 plus year of work down the drain. I was waiting in anticipation. Happy but still felt the suspense. 


I was happy the mission was a success! I just couldn't help but high five the people around me. That's how happy I was. And believe it or not, most people I talked to didn't know that Pluto's super thin atmosphere was going to collapse in the next 20 years. So, if they fail, there won't be another opportunity to study it in over a century! So, there was more at stake then you could dare imaging. I was saying "Please God, let them succeed!" My prayer was answered! I even sent a prayer request on Twitter for the success of this mission. So, this day was a huge triumph! 

Well, one last selfie before I left. I was in the very theater room where they gave the coverage, and closed the museum. This day was truly historic for all humanity! GO NASA!!!
Yes, people the museum did allow this, just in case you're wondering. I checked before I did so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment