Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Well, hope everybody here in my country, the U.S. of A enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day! I know, a day where you get to enjoy a nice good turkey dinner with all the fixings. I had some olives, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes with mine. I had fun. It's also a day where you get to spend with the family enjoy a football game or two.
Yes, that explains the shirt that I was wearing in this selfie. It is a Detroit Lions playing the Chicago Bears. As you can see (being one who grew up in Detroit myself) I was cheering for the Lions. I worked at Harris Teeter today from 8:00-12:00. Well, HT closed at 2:00. It was meet to give the public a chance for any last minute odd and ends of things that may have been forgotten. I all I know is I prefer not to work that day. I was honest enough to tell the boss I didn't want to work that day. But I had no valid excuse. Especially, told him I really wanted to see the Lions game at 12:30. Well, he did make me work, but at least I was let off in plenty of time to see the Lions game. I watched it. Lions beat the Bears 34-17. That made me HAPPY. My fiancee wasn't happy to see the Cowboys lose. She really loves the Dallas Cowboys. I think they lost to the Philadelphia Eagles 33-10. That also makes me sad when she gets sad. Well, in NCAA Basketball UNC leads UCLA 43-29. Maybe Carolina will win and make up for the Cowboys loss. Hopefully, the Tar Heels will keep their lead and WIN! Even though, the UNC Basketball game was not available on my cable. If it weren't for Google, there would be no way I could get updates on the scores.
About Thanksgiving Dinner, we did eat it while watching the tail end of the Lion's game in from of the Television (I was me, my Mom, and my Dad). I did peel potatoes for Mom. Dad caved the turkey and boxed up the leftovers. Well, I did help some with the clean up. I had to clean up the dog pee! Yeah, the dog has been drinking lots of fluids and has to urinate a lot. But someone had to do it. Unfortunately, that someone was me (lucky me, and yes, that was sarcasm). But, I know about all the food, families, and Football (and for those of you who live outside the United States, yes, I mean American Football). But the really meaning of the day is to count your blessings. I guess, mine are the fact I am in school studding for first rate employment. I have parents who love me (though eccentric sometimes), and I am engaged to a very beautiful, loving, and caring woman, Carson. Those, are what I am thankful for. That and the Lions won today. My favorite team in the NFL. Well, my favorite team next to the Carolina Panthers at least. But well...HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment