Total Pageviews

Monday, October 5, 2015

I have some unforunate news.

As you know I have a fiancee named Carson. Carson's mother named is Mary. However, Mary was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. For a long time they said it was Parkinson's disease, but it turns out it was Lewy Body. And to make things more unfortunate, Lewy Body Dementia has claimed Mary's life last Friday. I was supposed to work that day, but didn't to tend to Carson. Carson and Cravon (her father) got lots of condolences, as well as food. Carson and Cravon recieved more than enough. They didn't want any more food. Carson and Cravon are both hanging in there, but still very sad over Mary's death.

On Sunday, Carson, Cravon, and I went to a visitation for Mary at a local cemetery in Garner. Mike (Carson's brother) put in a bag of M & M's into Mary's coffin. Mary loved M & M's. Mary did look beautiful while her body laied dead in the casket. I got to meet a lot of Carson's friends and family during the visitation. People expressed their condolences and memories of Mary. My parents came to the visitation. They wanted Carson and Cravon to know we are there for them. I stayed the whole three hours of the visitation.

Today, was the day of Mary's funeral. The service was at 11:00 AM. I first had a doctor's appointment. After the doctor's appointment, I got dressed up in the appropriate attire and drove to Garner for the funeral. First time I worse dress shoes. My parents were there, too. However, Mom had a doctor's appointment, too. Carson and I were together for Mary's burial at the end. Her preacher reminded us, that death is the doorway to eternal life in Heaven. He said all the prayers for Mary and told us Mary is in a better place. That would be Heaven, of course.

Then I went to funeral reception. It was held in Carson and Cravon's house. They used the food that friends and family have given them for the meal. And yes, boy there was a lot of it! Cravon got first dibs. I guess, it's appropriate to give the widower first dibs on the meal. The funeral reception lasted about four hours. I stayed the whole time. Carson and Cravon wanted people to take some of the food home with them because they have more than enough as it is. I LOVE Carson. She loved me, too. I don't think there was ever a woman who loved me like she did. I am happy that Carson and I will get married. However, please pray for Carson and Cravon now that Mary is not with, anymore. Please pray the best for them. That is what I ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment